Top 10 Fears
Although it is impossible to quantify with 100% certainty what the top 10 most common human fears are, here are the most likely top 10 fears.
1. Arachnophobia - Almost 50% of women and more than 10% of men are affected by the fear of spiders.
2. Glossophobia - Fear of public speaking.
3. Agoraphobia - Fear of open or crowded spaces. In an international survey held by Outside the Comfort Zone, most people agreed that this was the most debilitating fear to suffer from.
4. Acrophobia - Fear of heights. Over 33% percent of the general population suffer from this phobia.
5. Claustrophobia - The fear of small spaces like lifts and small enclosed rooms.
6. Mysophobia - Fear of germs.
7. Cynophobia - Fear of dogs. All dogs great and small.
8. Brontophobia - Fear of thunder/lightning.
9. Aerophobia - Fear of flying. 8% of the population share a fear of flying.
10. Thanataphobia - Fear of Death.